Sunday, June 12, 2011

Learning Lining

Ever since I started making my cosmetic bags,
there has been a steady move upward in quality.
BUT....

There was still one thing I could not figure out.

Lining.

LINING!! WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND YOU?!

Alright, now that that is out of my system, let me explain....

I was feeling pretty confident in the way my bags were looking,
But one thing that always seemed to bother me was this...


I know I could have just settled with this. I mean... it doesn't look that bad...
right?

Well, I knew it just wasn't good enough for me.

So then I thought,
"Why not just sew a border around the outside edges to hide the inside ones?"

So for a few bags I did this...


At first I was thinking,
"Ok, this could catch on."

But I knew it wasn't THE BEST.

And if you want to be the best you have to do your best.

So then, last monday night 
I had a DREAM!!

But not just any dream, 

A DREAM on how to finish my edges.

I know that dreams are inspiring and this is proof of that.

So, I thought, 
"Hey! Why not do that finishing border INSIDE the bags,
instead of on the outside?"

SHAZAAAAAM!!!

Onward and Upward. 
I love having dreams about sewing.


1 comment:

  1. LOL you sound like me when I'm trying to finish a project and just can't figure it out...except for some reason i do my best thinking when i'm in the bathroom if you get my drift!!! TMI!!!!

    ReplyDelete